28 September, 2010

Everyone Else

And yet
And yet everyone else gets what they want.

I'll see to it

I'll see to it that everyone else gets what they want
I'll see to it, and yet
I cannot see what I want.
What is it that I want?

Maybe these five years back.
Five years is a long time
Five years is a long time to see that everyone else gets what they want and yet
I still cannot see the point
The point

The point where everything feels home
And everyone else feels like home

And yet I am writing from your bed, alone

You made your bed
You made your bed now I lie in it
And yet
And yet being home is the only time where things make sense
Because I can sense through blue eyes

This is the last sleepover because of everyone else

And yet I can see the paths ahead of me and everyone else
The paths are made of dust and clay that forms
Clay that forms from
The clay is made of vermilion dust, two parts dust one part tears

Tears from blue eyes

Not shed over you
Not over you yet (not over you, yet)

A record to chant, a mantra on repeat
These tears are not shed over your skin
I can shed your skin
And yet
And yet the red dust is comprised of human skin
So dust is a reminder of everyone else
And yet everyone else gets what they want, and with green eyes I'll see to it that everyone else...

No comments: